Thursday, June 18, 2009

10% none the richer

Today we had a Mandatory Work Meeting in which we all lost 10% of our salaries -- at least, those of us who didn't lose our jobs altogether. The recession hits again! At first, I sort of wished I'd been hit by a truck instead, but now I realize I couldn't afford the medical bills. I'll just have to work with what I've been given.

After the meeting, I was talking to one of my coworkers. "I could stop getting my nails done, or cancel my cable. Or doggy day care - I guess that's not necessary." (First of all, how do I sign up to get 10% of her salary?!) I don't buy nail polish, much less have regular manicures. We can't cancel our cable, because we already don't have it. (And don't get me started on doggy day care.)

So I guess I can just pray.

"Dear Jesus, please make everything 10% off."

No comments:

Post a Comment