Friday, June 11, 2010

Camp out

A word of advice: If it's only Monday, and you have a lot to do, do not furnish your living room. The previous owners of our house left behind some furniture, including the World's Ugliest Couch. So until this week, I can't say I've sat in the living room more than once. Until this week... when the World's Ugliest Couch went to Goodwill, and we went to Ikea.

Now, my top priorities are:
  1. Nap on the sofa.
  2. Nap on the armchair.
  3. Nap on the loveseat.
  4. Oh, yeah. Going to work.
Unfortunately, my priorities haven't exactly aligned with reality. Instead, our gear for our upcoming annual "walk in the woods" backpacking trip has taken over the living room.

from left: my husband, the unabomber, my Dad (man of the hour, on his Father's Day backpacking trip), my Mom
not pictured: deadly wild ponies, me

1 comment:

  1. Aw, have fun! We wish we could come. And watch out - those ponies probably have rabies.

    -Lex

    ReplyDelete