Here is a problem with vacation, especially vacation with old friends: it makes work seem even less fun, because it points out what you're missing in all of those hours that you're copying and filing and trying to convince pregnant women to quit smoking and fighting each other. If you haven't taken a vacation in a while, you may be missing:
- late night "fast walks" - not runs - to the store
- a good Dark 'n' Stormy (HINT: add a splash of bitters!)
- hilarious conversations that should definitely not take place in public (...oops.)
- photo ops (sometimes photo oops) on street corners and in front of historic buildings
- much less sleep than you would be if you were trying to cram five years of fun into less than five days.