Friday, September 4, 2009

Boston or bust!

Today I'm off to Boston! It's going to be a fantastic weekend reunion with four of my best mates from college. It only took me three hours to pack a suitcase with a volume of about three cubic inches, because I'm told that it's cold in Boston, and since last winter I have forgotten important skills like : how to layer, how to tuck jeans into boots, how to match, and where is my coat?

In my defense, most of those hours were spent trying on outfits that I didn't pack and tearing apart the bathroom, because when I travel I become obsessed with finding the tiniest containers. Tiniest suitcase? Check. Tiniest face cream? Check. Tiniest lotion? Where is the tiniest lotion?! The size of the emergency is inversely proportional to the size of the tiniest lotion.

So hopefully after all that I remembered to pack my underwear, because in fifteen minutes, I'm off!

Here's hoping that you have a wonderful labor day weekend, and interpret it less literally than my coworker (who will be - you guessed it - working) and my client (who should be in an entirely different kind of labor this weekend).

1 comment:

  1. I also like tiny bottles for everyday use because it makes me feel as if I'm ready to be whisked off on an adventure or swept off my feet for my next great journey. So I found a bar soap for faces (less liquids = happy times at airport) and cut it into small pieces and then keep a piece at a time in a tiny container I found. It also means I get a "new" tiny bar of soap for my face every month or so. Whee!

    ReplyDelete