Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Sorry. I look like one of those maniacally happy people. I promise to work on that in 2010.

Q: Wait -- what about the traditional Kovach cat holiday photo?
A: Franc and Kina aren't crazy about New Year's celebrations. Is this because they eat dinner at 11 pm, and therefore have trouble staying awake past 11:2o? Or because their mother can't in good conscience make them New Year's hats to wear for the occasion? (Not yet, with the Christmas hats are so fresh, or I risk becoming one of those ladies who dresses their pets). Or maybe Franc and Kina are bitter that they're too young (and feline) for the champagne. Possibly they're also too busy taking ornaments off the Christmas tree to celebrate the beginning of a new year (True story: The tree comes down tomorrow just in time, because Franc's taken about half the decorations off, and strewn them around the house. He leaves them by my bedside like little dead bird gifts. And he has a point. He tracked them down in a tree).

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year's old Friends! Hope it's full of adventure and memories (and maybe a razor for Abe's facial growth)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, your "About Me" should actually say, "my sister thinks I'm funny and my mom thinks I'm HILARIOUS". Mom is totally embarrassing me in a Haitian coffee shop right now while we read your blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete