Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Ending

Today I spilled all over myself as I was trying to walk out the door for work, so I threw on my house dress, which happens to look like the dysfunctional child of Little House On The Prairie and my mother's closet from the 1960's. When I say it is loud, I mean you should cover your ears. Self-conscious? Maybe a little.

I stopped at the library to pick up some books they were holding for me.* In line, there was an old man behind me, wearing short old-man shorts, with his knobbly old-man knees. "I like your dress," he said. "That is a beautiful dress."

It was a good day.

*Friends, don't let this friend drop by the library and drive. I was hoping to hit stoplights so that I could start reading my first book. I am 100% certain this is a safety hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment